Political Action Edition

Petition statement to be delivered to Governor Mary Fallin

Petition for Oklahoma to Accept Federal Funding to Expand Medicaid

Sign this petition

Note: By signing, you agree to receive email messages from MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action. You may unsubscribe at any time. [ Privacy policy ]

Embed This petition

<iframe src="http://petitions.moveon.org/embed/widget.html?v=3&name=petition-for-oklahoma" class="moveon-petition" id="petition-embed" width="300px" height="500px"></iframe>

Petition for Oklahoma to Accept Federal Funding to Expand Medicaid

To be delivered to Governor Mary Fallin

Petition Statement

Whereas, many adults in Oklahoma—including persons with disabilities, the chronically ill, and the elderly—currently have inadequate, or no healthcare coverage, because they are currently ineligible for Medicaid, and
Whereas Oklahoma has the opportunity to expand its existing Medicaid program to provide healthcare for an estimated 130,000–190,000 additional individuals, by accepting this federal funding, and
Whereas expanding the state’s Medicaid program to provide healthcare for these individuals would improve their health, and the quality of their lives,and would also provide substantial economic benefits to Oklahoma, by saving the state millions of dollars in uncompensated healthcare costs, and would create thousands of new high-paying jobs in healthcare, and related fields, which would generate significant new tax revenues for the state of Oklahoma.

In Consideration thereof, We, the under-signed citizens of Oklahoma, respectfully request that the Honorable Mary Fallin, Governor of the State of Oklahoma, accept these federal funds being offered in accordance with the Affordable Care Act, to expand the state’s Medicaid Program.
There are currently 8,220 signatures. NEW goal - We need 10,000 signatures!

Petition Background

In accordance with the Affordable Care Act, Oklahoma is being offered federal funding that will provide 100% of the cost of expanding the state's existing Medicaid Program for 3 full years. This expansion will enable the state to provide healthcare coverage to up to 190,000 additional Oklahoma citizens who are currently uninsured.
After the 3rd year, the amount of federal funds being provided to the state, will be incrementally reduced, until the state is receiving a maximum of 90% of the cost of the Medicaid expansion. At that time, Oklahoma will become responsible for covering the remaining 10% of the remaining expansion costs.

Not only will accepting this funding significantly improve the health and the quality of life of many currently uninsured Oklahoma citizens, it will also provide substantial economic benefits for the state, by saving the state millions of dollars in uncompensated healthcare costs, and by creating thousands of new high-paying jobs in healthcare, and related fields, which will generate significant new tax revenues for the state of Oklahoma.

Current petition signers

Loading...

Note: MoveOn Political Action does not necessarily endorse the contents of petitions posted on this site. MoveOn Petitions is an open tool that anyone can use to post a petition advocating any point of view, so long as the petition does not violate our terms of service.